Essential facts re HR for the PMP exam:
– describes the competencies needed and project position descriptions so resources can be matched to the work required of the project
– number and timing of those skills (displayed in a chart, the Project Resource Histogram)
– policies / practices for staff management (work week, holidays, recognition, discipline, training)
– Who does what – Responsibilities Assignment Matrix. Levels of responsibility are detailed using a framework called the RACI ( pronounced racy) grid. Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed
– Reporting Structure for the project, displayed as an Organizational Breakdown Structure
Keep in mind that the HR Plan focuses on skills, not the names of the people doing the work. That information comes during Execution, when the team is acquired.